EMEA: PRESS RELEASE – For Immediate Release
The European ME Alliance (EMEA) joins the European Federation of Neurological Associations (EFNA)
The European ME Alliance (EMEA) is a collaboration of 14 ME organisations in 13 European countries who have the common aim of promoting biomedical research into Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (known as ME or ME/CFS) and increasing awareness of this debilitating neurological illness.
To improve the recognition of ME within neurology in Europe EMEA is pleased to announce its membership of the European Federation of Neurological Associations (EFNA). EFNA brings together European umbrella organisations of neurological patient advocacy groups, to work with other associations in the field of neurology, including the European Federation of Neurological Societies (EFNS), in what has been termed a “Partnership for Progress“.
EFNA fulfils its aims by working through the European Commission and the European Parliament.
To mark this landmark development EMEA was invited to attend the first Congress of European Academy of Neurology in Berlin in June 20-23. EMEA will distribute information to delegates, network, attend sessions and take part in a panel discussion as well as attend the EFNA Annual General Meeting.
EMEA looks forward to working within EFNA to further recognition of ME within EU.
The members of the European ME Alliance are –
- Belgium ME/CFS Association (Nieuwrode, Belgium)
- Denmark - ME-Info and ME Foreningen
- Finland - Suomen CFS-Yhdistys;Finlands CFS-förbund
- Holland - Het Alternatief
- Iceland - Icelandic ME Association
- Ireland - Irish ME Trust
- Italy - Associazione Malati di CFS
- Germany - Fatigatio e.V.
- Norway - Norges ME-forening
- Spain - Liga SFC
- Sweden - Riksföreningen för ME-patienter
- Switzerland - Verein ME/CFS Schweiz
- UK - Invest in ME
- www.europeanmealliance.org or www.euro-me.org